Any director, shareholder or senior executive of a company should have a good understanding of the articles of association in areas such as:
- What are the duties, responsibilities and powers of directors and shareholders under the company law?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a director and a shareholder?
- If the job title of "Marketing Director" is printed on the business card, what are the associated legal responsibilities?
- When a company is being liquidated or deregistered, what are the shareholders' and directors' legal responsibilities?
- If there is dispute among shareholders, is it necessary to take the matter to court?
Section 1 － Director
1. Differences between Personal Director and Corporate Director
2. Is the liability and power of directors unlimited?
3. What is the "good faith" responsibility?
4. How to handle when there is a conflict of interest?
5. Termination of directors' appointment
6. Directors' duties under deregistration or winding up
Section 2 － Shareholder
1. Can minority shareholders control the company?
2. Can minority shareholders be protected? Do majority shareholders control a company fully?
3. The importance of the articles of association to shareholders
4. The role of the EGM and when it needs to be held
Who Should Attend:
Commercial proprietors, partners, directors, shareholders, general managers, managers and executives who are concerned about the companies ordinance of Hong Kong
Coronavirus Containment Measure:
- Please be considerate to others and wear a mask while in the Chamber to minimize the risk of spreading the coronavirus.
- To minimise the risk of spreading the coronavirus, if you or a family member has been overseas within 14 days of this event, then we kindly request that you do not attend.