According to the Consultation Conclusions on Review of the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Reporting Guide (the Guide) published on 18 December 2019, effective from the financial year commencing on or after 1 July 2020, there are new requirements at the "mandatory" and "comply or explain" levels for ESG reporting. What are the key changes of the Guide comparing with the previous one? Who do we need to engage? What can we do to better prepare for ESG reporting under the new requirements?
This workshop can help you answer these questions with the objectives of:
✓ Sharing the latest development of the Guide
✓ Highlighting key areas of changes
✓ Demonstrating the general practice of ESG/Sustainability disclosure
✓ Providing insights on handling different case scenarios
1. The latest Guide's requirement vs the previous ones
2. Principles in selection of the appropriate aspects for reporting
3. What stakeholders to engage and how they matter in your reporting
4. Board leadership for ESG governance
5. How to select and disclose "material" aspect performance in response to material ESG-related risks identified?
6. What do we need to disclose at the "comply or explain" level?
7. How do we set environmental target adopting the quantitative reporting principle?
8. Sharing of some case studies in advance of the latest Guide's requirements
9. Developing climate change policies
Target Audience: Company Secretary, Chief Financial Officer, Financial Controller, Sustainability Specialist, Corporate Communications Specialist, Human Resources Specialist, and Anyone who has interest to advance in the Sustainability / ESG field.