More than ever, in our pandemic-affected world, leaders need managers who could think differently and adapt to changing circumstances – to be more strategic.
In practical terms, managers need to step back from their day-to-day tasks; survey the changing landscape; devise the best way forward; and bring others with them on the journey.
For managers in small and large businesses, private and public organizations, this workshop equips participants with practical tools and approaches to enable a more strategic approach.
1. Strategy today
‧ Understand how approaches to strategy have evolved over time
‧ Strategy in a complex world – how to adapt to ever-changing conditions
2. Strategic management behaviours
‧ Identify the behaviours that contribute to
1) Devising strategies
2) Engaging others with your strategies
3) Implementing strategies
‧ Evaluate your own strategic management behaviours and build a personal development plan
3. Tools to be more strategic
‧ The 4-level approach to strategy - connecting the dots between the big picture and the detail to ensure strategic alignment
‧ Three tools to generate insights:
2) PEST macro analysis (versus SWOT micro analysis)
3) Spicy Questions
4. Testing your strategic ideas
‧ Learn and apply the BOOST™ approach to one of your strategic initiatives
5. Tips for bringing people with you
‧ How to communicate your goals and plans
‧ Measuring and communicating progress
Coronavirus Containment Measure:
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19, we kindly ask that all event participants wear a mask when attending the event
- To minimise the risk of spreading the coronavirus, if you or a family member has been overseas within 14 days of this event, then we kindly request that you do not attend.
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19, food and beverages will not be provided during the event
- Chamber staff will be conducting temperature checks at the premises.