Most exporters and traders are eager to do more business, and often, they skipped the Know Your Customer or KYC process (also known as due diligence). The absence of KYC process is estimated to cause the failure of over 20% of collection cases. Besides, company may be unintentionally involved in money laundry or fraudulent cases if the company does not check its trading partners. In this seminar, speakers will discuss how to effectively use the "Collectability Index" to reduce the failure to recover bad debts.
Who should attend:
Corporate managers responsible for compliance, credit management, account receivable, or collection
• Why KYC is the most important base for collection of bad debts?
• Best practices of KYC
• How to use the lowest cost to do KYC?
• How to use the "Collectability Index"
• Case study sharing
To prevent the spread of Covid-19, food and beverages will not be provided during the event and Chamber staff will be conducting temperature checks at the premises. We also kindly ask that all event participants wear a mask when attending the event.
Speakers' presentations at this event are intended for educational purposes only and do not replace independent professional judgment. Statements of fact and opinions expressed during this event are those of the speakers and participants and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, its members, or its committees. The Chamber does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented. Attendees should note that, with the approval of speakers, this event may be recorded, and possibly published on the Chamber's website in audio and/or video formats without further notice.
Recording, duplication or distribution of the contents of the online event is prohibited without prior written permission from the Chamber.
||Alexander Lo, CEO, FaBuTX Ltd
Alexander has over 30 years of experiences in business information management, compliance, credit management and information technology. Previously, he has held leadership positions in the world's leading business information providers, including Managing Director of Thomson Reuters Asia, and General Manager of Dun & Bradstreet (D&B), Hong Kong and Taiwan. Alexander is a frequent speaker in media, academic institutions, and industry seminars & conferences across Greater China, focusing on compliance & credit management.
Norris Chan, Senior Consultant, Receivable Management Services (HK) Ltd
Norris Chan has over 30 years of hands-on experience in the debt collection industry. As a veteran debt receivable practitioner, Chan and his team have managed portfolios exceeding billions of US dollars. He is a popular speaker and has conducted over a thousand seminars in Greater China.
|Date and Time
||2020/11/12 15:00 to 17:30
||Chamber Theatre, 22/F United Centre
||Closed to media
Members @ HK$380
+$50 for booking offline
This event accepts Chamber Coupon (terms and conditions)
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- No refund will be made for last minute cancellations or no-shows. If the booking is cancelled at least 7 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.
- Participants agree to indemnify the Chamber and the hosting party all liabilities for property damage, physical injury or death in relation to this event. Participants are advised to take their own insurance against all risks.