||Mr Brent Snyder was appointed to the position of Chief Executive Officer of the Competition Commission (Commission) in September 2017.
Prior to joining the Commission, Mr. Snyder served in the Antitrust Division of the United States Department of Justice from 2003 until 2017, first as a Trial Attorney prosecuting Division criminal matters, and as Deputy Assistant Attorney General (DAAG) since 2013 until 2017. In his capacity as DAAG, Mr. Snyder headed the criminal enforcement function overseeing enforcement, prosecutions, leniency and other policy work. Between January and April 2017, he served as Acting Assistant Attorney General leading the Antitrust Division. Prior to joining the government, Mr. Snyder practiced law at Paul Hastings in Los Angeles and Perkins Coie in Seattle where he was a Partner.
Mr Snyder played a key role in some of the Antitrust Division's most important investigations and trials in recent years, including thin-film transistor liquid crystal display panels, coastal water freight and air transportation. Mr. Snyder has twice received the Attorney General's Award for Distinguished Service and he has been awarded an Antitrust Division Award of Distinction. He was also named a California Attorney of the Year in 2013.
Mr Snyder received his law degree from the University of Texas. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from Seattle Pacific University, where he graduated magna cum laude.
|Date and Time
||2018/05/14 16:30 to 18:00
||Chamber Theatre, 22/F United Centre
||Closed to media
||Members @ HK$170
+$50 for booking offline
This event accepts Chamber Coupon (terms and conditions)
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Bookings will only be confirmed with full payment, on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Substitution is allowed for corporate members only with advanced notice while walk-ins will normally not be accepted.
- Please note that the Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event without explanation. In any such instance, the event fee will be returned in full.
- There will be no refund for attendees cancelling or not showing up for the event unless the cancellation request is made in writing at least 5 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- Starting 1 January 2017, all off-line bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for Chamber events will be charged a $50 handling fee per person. Make the switch to online today by installing our app or registering via our website to save the environment and save money.
- Priorities are given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any bookings shall be at the sole discretion of the Chamber.