To support the Government's efforts to stop the spread of the coronavirus, we will postpone upcoming roundtable luncheons, seminars, training programmes and networking receptions. Safeguarding public health is our top priority. We will announce the new date in due course and arrange a full refund for those who have booked. Thank you for your understanding.
An Employee Handbook (which may also be known as a Human Resources Manual) is something every company, regardless of size, should have. It is especially useful at job commencement, informing your new employees their rights and obligations,in terms of work performance, benefits, behavior and discipline etc. It also serves to introduce the workplace culture and make sure that everyone is on the same page for rules, expectations, and processes from the start. The Handbook is also a key piece of documentation if there is ever a dispute or disciplinary issue.
Based on the prevailing labour laws of Hong Kong and general workplace guidelines, the speaker of this workshop will guide participants to draft an Employee Handbook, covering the following sections:
1. The organization's culture, mission and corporate values
2. Recruitment and selection processes
3. Commencement of work and probationary period
4. Working hours, and attendance management
5. Adverse weather, force majeure situations causing changes to operational times
6. Rest days, annual leave, statutory and public holidays, and other types of leave
7. Sickness days, maternity protection and paternity leave
8. Equal opportunities policy, prevention of harassment, and protection of personal data
9. Digital policies around internet use, mobile phones and social media
10. Employee's obligation to observe the law and declare legal proceedings
11. Grievance and disciplinary procedures