Emil Chan, FinTech Committee Chairman of Smart City Consortium
Emil is a Fintech evangelist with over 20 years' experience in managing IT and business transformation projects for international financial institutions. He previously worked for several sizeable international banks, including Credit Suisse and BayernLB in the roles of First Vice President, Head of IT in Asia Pacific, Project Director and Operations Manager AP. He has extensive experience in both business and IT consulting, encompassing design, setup, leading and managing of cross-border projects throughout Asia. He is an adjunct professor, a visiting lecturer as well as an advisor of different departments of local universities, including HKU, PolyU, CityU, Hang Seng U, Lingnan U and VTC. In the past 10 years, he participated actively in voluntary community services relating to popular adoption of technology. He is the Founding Chairman of the Association of Cloud and Mobile Computing Professionals, Fintech Committee Chairman of the Smart City Consortium, Hon. Secretary and Board Member of Invotech, Vice Chairman of Hong Kong New Emerging Technology Education Association, Supervisory Committee Member of iProA and Honorary Chairman of StartHK.
Henry Yu, AKC, LLB, PCLL, CFT, Founding Partner of L & Y Law Office
Henry is the founder and principal partner of L & Y Law Office and Henry Yu & Associates. His areas of expertise include blockchain, commercial law, corporate and commercial transactions and foreign and cross-border investments. He is a Certified Financial Technologist (CFT), and a member of the Innotech Committee (formerly known the Technology Committee) of the Law Society of Hong Kong. He has also been appointed as the Hon. Legal Advisor to the Hong Kong Federation of Invention and Innovation, Hon. Legal Advisor to the Hong Kong International Blockchain & Financial Association, Hon. Legal Advisor to the Institute of Financial Technologies of Asia and Hon. Legal Advisor to the Bitcoin Association of Hong Kong. Henry is also the Executive Principal of China Commercial Blockchain Legal Institute and a committee member of TechFin Association.
Raymond Chan, Managing Director of 9F International
Raymond was appointed Managing Director of 9F International, a subsidiary of 9F Group, in October 2018 and is responsible for the company’s financial and virtual bank business in Hong Kong, Singapore, Lithuania and China. He is also responsible for “Tech Enabling” business in Hong Kong and Southeast Asian markets. In October 2019, Raymond was appointed General Manager of Niche Global Fintech, a wholly owned subsidiary of 9F, and is responsible for applying for the Electronic Money Institution (EMI) licence and related business and operations in the EU Area. In 2020, Raymond was selected “Leader of the Year” by IFTA.
Cameron Pollaers, Law Student of The University of Hong Kong
Cameron is a cross-jurisdictional law student, having studied law at University College London and the University of Hong Kong. He has research experience on a wide variety of international legal challenges, including human rights law and East Asian competition law, and was an associate editor of the Hong Kong Journal of Legal Studies. Cameron has also spent time working in several public sector organisations.
Stefano Fois, Senior Manager of Sia Partners
Stefano leads the CIO Advisory practice for Sia Partners in Asia and has over 10 years' experience in the CIO advisory domain for different business sectors. In particular, he has developed strong experience in information security (data protection) for the insurance, banking and manufacturing industries. He has been leading various maturity assessments, remediation programmes and cost optimization initiatives as project manager and Subject Matter Expert.
||- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- No refund will be made for last minute cancellations or no-shows. If the booking is cancelled at least 7 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.