||The Hon John Lee Ka-chiu, Secretary for Security
Mr Lee joined the Hong Kong Police Force in 1977 as a probationary inspector and was promoted to the post of Deputy Commissioner in 2010.
During his 33 years of service in the Police, Mr Lee had held a variety of posts responsible for operational duties, CID, Complaints Against Police, Service Quality, Personnel, Training, Information Systems, Finance, Policies Formulation, Planning and Development. He had been the Commander of Kowloon West Region, Assistant Commissioner (Crime) and Director of Crime and Security. Mr Lee had rich experience in criminal investigation, crisis management and security matters. Before he left the Police, he held the office of Deputy Commissioner (Management), responsible for the development and running of management systems of the whole Police Force.
He took up the office of Under Secretary for Security on 1 October 2012 and assisted the Secretary for Security in formulation of policies, management of resources, and engagement with the media, the legislature and different sectors of the community in respect of security matters. He became Secretary for Security on 1 July 2017.
Mr Lee holds a Master Degree in Public Policy and Administration. He was awarded the Hong Kong Police Service Medal for Distinguished Service and Silver Bauhinia Star in recognition of his exemplary contribution.
|Date and Time
||2018/01/19 12:30 to 14:00
||Chamber Theatre, 22/F United Centre
||Closed to media
||Members @ HK$170
+$50 for booking offline
This event accepts Chamber Coupon (terms and conditions)
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Bookings will only be confirmed with full payment, on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Substitution is allowed for corporate members only with advanced notice while walk-ins will normally not be accepted.
- Please note that the Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event without explanation. In any such instance, the event fee will be returned in full.
- There will be no refund for attendees cancelling or not showing up for the event unless the cancellation request is made in writing at least 5 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- Starting 1 January 2017, all off-line bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for Chamber events will be charged a $50 handling fee per person. Make the switch to online today by installing our app or registering via our website to save the environment and save money.
- Priorities are given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any bookings shall be at the sole discretion of the Chamber.