Sustainable development is one of the key goals in the Outline Development Plan for the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), meaning that eco-friendly, green and environmental protection policies are among the top priorities for GBA development. This subject is particularly important because all 11 cities in the GBA face huge challenges in this area, particularly in electricity consumption and pollution.
Huizhou has long been famous for its beautiful natural scenery and is regularly ranked in the top ten for air quality among major cities in Mainland China, despite petrochemicals being one of its pillar industries. Its green development index has also been ranked number one in Guangdong Province. Huizhou is keen to promote green and sustainable development, and has introduced many technologically advanced clean energy production and environment protection projects in recent years. To help members explore the opportunities for cooperation in environment protection and sustainable development, the China Committee will organize a mission to Huizhou on 19-20 February, 2020. Participants will learn about the advantages for Huizhou of being the GBA's clean energy and environmental base, and the city's supporting policies for the development of related industries.
Tentative Itinerary *The schedule is subject to change
19 February (Wednesday)
- Visit Huizhou Zhongkai Hi-tech Industrial Development Zone and enterprises
- Lunch with Huizhou Zhongkai Hi-tech Industrial Development Zone Administrative Committee
- Visit TCL (TBC)
- Meeting with Bureau of Commerce of Huizhou Municipality
- Meeting and Dinner with Leaders of Huizhou
- Tour to Huizhou West Lake
20 February (Thursday)
- Visit New Energy related enterprises
- Visit Huizhou Daya Bay Economic and Technological Development Zone and enterprises
- Visit Ka Shui Group
- Dinner with Ka Shui Group
Click here for Registration Form
Please refer to the attached registration form for tentative itinerary and detailed expense.