Major economic and political transformations in Africa has brought the continent into the spotlight. With the world's youngest workforce, huge advances in technological growth, infrastructure and services, and rapid urbanization, Africa is one of the world's brightest emerging markets.
Ghana is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, outperforming China and India. Opportunities exist in gold, cocoa, oil, timber, seafood, aluminum and agricultural produce. With political stability, a growing middle class, an energetic start-up scene and a pro-industry government, the West African country presents a myriad of opportunities for entrepreneurs and investors.
Morocco is seen as the gateway to Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East for FDI, especially from Europe. The country is one of the most advanced and developed markets in North Africa, with opportunities in aerospace, automobile, agriculture, textiles, building materials, chemicals and tourism. Having recently rejoined the African Union and the Economic Community of West African States, the country is poised to expand its reach and identity on the continent.
The high-level delegation will meet with senior government officials, chambers and businesses. Meetings will include business matching sessions, company visits, and networking sessions.
The delegation will spend 3.5 days in Ghana and 4.5 days in Morocco.
Tentative Itinerary: (subject to change)Tuesday, 3 December 2019 (Accra)
0035 Depart Hong Kong V Dubai V Accra
1205 Arrive Accra
1500 Check in Hotel and Welcome Dinner
Wednesday, 4 December 2019 (Accra)
- Meeting with President of Ghana (TBC)
- Meeting with Ghana Investment Promotion Centre
- Meeting with Ministry of Trade and Industry
- Meeting with Ghana Tourism Authority and Tourism Development Group
- Dinner with Chinese Ambassador in Accra
Thursday, 5 December 2019 (Accra)
- Meeting and Business Matching with Ghana National Chamber of Commerce
- Meeting with Ghana Export Promotion Authority
- Site Visit to Cocoa Processing Factory in Tema
- Visit Local Shopping Malls / Supermarkets
- Meeting with Standard Chartered Bank
Friday, 6 December 2019 (Accra)
- Site Visit to Food / Juice Processing Factory
- Visit Tourism/Real Estate Investment Sites
OR Local Fisheries / Seafood Processing
Saturday, 7 December 2019 (Accra/ Casablanca)
0500 Depart Accra
1035 Arrive Casablanca (4 hours 35 min)
1200 Check in Hotel
-Rest / Free Afternoon
-Optional City Tour: Hasan 2nd Mosque and Cornish of Casa
-Group dinner in Casablanca at Le Cabestan and Visit Bazaar
Sunday, 8 December 2019 (Marrakech)
- Site Visit to Argan Oil Processing Plant
- Hotel Investment Meeting
- Site Visit to Local Bazaar Jamaa Al Fana
- Dinner at Moroccan Restaurant Dar Al Fassia
Monday, 9 December 2019 (Rabat)
- Meeting with Ministry of Tourism
- Meeting with Ministry of Industry, Investment and Economy
- Meeting with Amadeus Institute on Belt and Road in Morocco
- Meeting with Ministry of Agriculture and Fishery
- Visit to Tourism Development Site
Tuesday, 10 December 2019 (Casablanca)
- Meeting followed by Business Matching Session with General Confederation of Moroccan Enterprises (CGEM)
- Meeting with Exports Promotion Office
- Briefing at BMCE Tower
- Meeting with Casa Finance City Authority
- Dinner at Rick's Café
Wednesday, 11 December 2019 (Casablanca)
1200 Depart for Airport
1505 Flight Departs Casablanca V Dubai V Hong Kong
2110 Arrive Hong Kong
The tentative fee for each member is $36,000 (Please note that the price may need to be adjusted based on hotel fees at the time of booking.) This includes 8-night's hotel accommodation on 3-10 December (including breakfast), local transport, business marching meetings, interpreters, administrative expenses and the flight between Ghana and Morocco, but excludes the flights to and from Hong Kong, visas or vaccination. Members should arrange their own air tickets and check into the mission hotel on Tuesday 3 December. While Morocco is visa-free for most passports, a visa is required to enter Ghana.
This mission is exclusive to members only. Seats are limited and on a first-come-first-served basis.
Please note that this is a business mission and all participants will be required to wear business attire and attend all planned meetings and receptions as part of the delegation.