Many people struggle to negotiate well. They don't enjoy it and very often fail to achieve their objectives. It needn't be this way. Negotiating is about reaching an agreement that is seen as positive by all involved. It should be viewed as an opportunity for creating trust and value.
1. The Negotiation Matrix
- The 6 possible approaches to reaching an agreement
- Best practice preparation
- Being persuasive across the table
This workshop will include interactive discussions, case studies and role-plays.
Learning Outcomes & Benefits:
• The power of the three persuaders: emotion, logic and threat
• Why and how emotion can defeat logic
• Using logic and counter-logic
• The pros and cons of applying threat
• How to bargain and the limitations of compromising
• How and what to prepare
• Why "win/win" is not good enough
Anyone needing to secure a better deal, either at work (or at home)!
Coronavirus Containment Measure:
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19, we kindly ask that all event participants wear a mask when attending the event
- To minimise the risk of spreading the coronavirus, if you or a family member has been overseas within 14 days of this event, then we kindly request that you do not attend.
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19, food and beverages will not be provided during the event
- Chamber staff will be conducting temperature checks at the premises.