You talk to people everyday. But do you really feel like you're communicating?
You go to networking events and other social gatherings and you feel as if it is a big chore or burden. Even the most seasoned executives sometimes find themselves uncomfortable in social situations.
It is said that 9/10 conversations fail!
Meaningful conversations are those that seek to create understanding and ignite insights by sharing perspectives and ideas during the dialogue. Meaningful conversations are based on the premise of discovery, exploration and mutual respect, rather than the exertion of power and control.
By joining this workshop, you can equip yourselves with ways to….
• Resolve issues in ways that build trust and commitment.
• Feel comfortable in striking a conversation with a stranger and yet make it meaningful
• Manage your EI and have the gravitas and presence in that conversation
• Put a cap on small talk and transition into meaningful conversation
To minimize the risk of spreading the coronavirus, this informative session will be conducted in the format of a webinar.
Speakers' presentations at this event are intended for educational purposes only and do not replace independent professional judgment. Statements of fact and opinions expressed during this event are those of the speakers and participants and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, its members, or its committees. The Chamber does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented. Attendees should note that, with the approval of speakers, this event may be recorded, and possibly published on the Chamber's website in audio and/or video formats without further notice.
Recording, duplication or distribution of the contents of the online event is prohibited without prior written permission from the Chamber.
||Lalita Raman, CEO and Executive Communications Coach at Transitions Intl. Limited
Lalita Raman is an Executive Coach specializing in communication and leadership development. Lalita works with clients across the management spectrum in helping them lead stronger teams, be a persuasive communicator, manage their biases, build stronger relationships, influence people, lead a balanced life and achieve different levels of breakthroughs in order to work more effectively. Lalita has 20+ years of experience working within the financial service sector in Asia. Her career in Investment Banking across multi-functions taught her to understand behavioural patterns in people and the reality that stops people from making the best decisions in leading their life.
As a certified ICF coach, Lalita brings her training in C-IQ, Ontological Coaching, coach training based on neuroscience, and appreciative inquiry for positive change to help you understand your mindset, how your brain works and functions and thus what prevents you from moving forward or be the person you want to be. Her unique ability as a writer, mentor, and coach is in going deep, understanding people and drawing ideas out of people and helping them see their potential.
|Date and Time
||2020/08/20 09:15 to 12:15
||This workshop will take place online via ZOOM
||Closed to media
Tel: 2823 1239
||Members @ HK$850 / Non-Members @ HK$1,050
+$50 for booking offline
This event accepts Chamber Coupon (terms and conditions)
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Details about how to join the webinar will be sent by e-mail. Zoom is available on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- No refund will be made for last minute cancellations or no-shows. If the booking is cancelled at least 7 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.