|| Ir. Dr. Samson Tai, IBM Distinguished Engineer, Chief Technologist, IBM Innovation Network, Hong Kong
Mr Tai was appointed IBM Distinguished Engineer (DE) in the field of Big Data/Analytics in April 2014. In this capacity, he assumes the leadership role of Chief Architect of Smarter Analytics across IBM in the Greater China region, while continuing his role as Chief Technologist for IBM Hong Kong.
As DE, Samson works directly with the client teams to lead them to explore and develop new innovative solutions for clients, and advises the senior management team in setting the technical agenda. He also serves as the focal point for IBM to forge collaborative partnerships with government IT councils and universities, and fosters innovation vitality within the IBM technical communities across Greater China.
As Chief Technologist, IBM Innovation Network, Hong Kong since 2008, Samson has been the lead innovation and technology spokesperson for IBM Hong Kong, engaging with clients, the industry and the community to share insight and provide consultation. He has helped advance IBM's innovation agenda and drive the strategic growth initiatives of Cloud Computing, Smarter Commerce and Big Data/Analytics in Hong Kong, involving in many first-of-a-kind and complex client projects.
Dr Alvin Lai, Director - OEM Business and Operations, Leo Paper Group
Dr Lai participated and managed various business scopes including corporate planning, OEM business and sales development, Lean manufacturing and operations as well as print supply chain management. The diversified exposure gave him profound knowledge and experience. Dr Lai proactively researches and explores the key successful factors of the sustainable development of OEM business in the printing industry. Currently he is leading the Group to upgrade and transform into a Smart Manufacturer.
Mr Ken Law, CEO, MotherApp
Mr Law witnessed firsthand that a company can make money and contribute to society at the same time. After earning his MS degree at Stanford, he joined Google as the first group of interns and became a full-time employee in 2000. While at Google, Mr Law developed a patented algorithm to find related pages.
In 2007, Mr Law returned to Hong Kong and started MotherApp, a mobile innovation agency with a core belief that their work should help people's daily lives one app at a time.
In 2017, Mr Law launched the PowerArena platform which analyses video streams from factories and cities to reveal real-time insights. MotherApp and PowerArena have received many international awards such as GSMA Asia Mobile Awards - Best Mobile App in 2016 and WSA Global Champion Award - Smart Settlements & Urbanization in 2018.
||- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- No refund will be made for last minute cancellations or no-shows. If the booking is cancelled at least 3 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.