||The Hon Patrick Nip Tak-kuen
Mr Nip, aged 53, was appointed as the Secretary for Constitutional and Mainland Affairs of the fifth-term Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government on 1 July, 2017.
Mr Nip received a Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences from the University of Hong Kong and a Master Degree in Public Administration from the Harvard Kennedy School in the United States. He has also studied at the Oxford University and attended national studies courses at the Chinese Academy of Governance.
Mr Nip joined the Administrative Service of the Hong Kong government in August 1986. Since then, he has served in various bureaux and departments, including the former City and New Territories Administration, the former Deputy Chief Secretary's Office, the former Trade and Industry Branch, the former Finance Branch, the former Civil Service Branch, the former Trade Department, the Chief Executive's Office, the former Health and Welfare Bureau, the Office of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in Beijing and the former Health, Welfare and Food Bureau.
He was appointed as the Director of Social Welfare in August 2009, the Director (Special Duties) of the Chief Secretary for Administration's Private Office in June 2013, the Director of Information Services in February 2014 and the Permanent Secretary for Food and Health (Health) in July 2016.
|Date and Time
||2017/10/27 17:00 to 18:30
||Chamber Theatre, 22/F United Centre
||Closed to media
||Members @ HK$160
+$50 for booking offline
This event accepts Chamber Coupon (terms and conditions)
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Bookings will only be confirmed with full payment, on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Substitution is allowed for corporate members only with advanced notice while walk-ins will normally not be accepted.
- Please note that the Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event without explanation. In any such instance, the event fee will be returned in full.
- There will be no refund for attendees cancelling or not showing up for the event unless the cancellation request is made in writing at least 5 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- Starting 1 January 2017, all off-line bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for Chamber events will be charged a $50 handling fee per person. Make the switch to online today by installing our app or registering via our website to save the environment and save money.
- Priorities are given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any bookings shall be at the sole discretion of the Chamber.