Zhaoqing has long been known as the "Garden of the Pearl River Delta" and recently, building on that reputation, it has established an ecological development strategy and vigorously developing a green economy. Resulting from these efforts, it was awarded the title of "National Forest City" in 2016. Meanwhile, Zhaoqing has targeted biomedicine and healthcare as key industries for development, aiming to become a healthcare, tourism and eco city in the Greater Bay Area. Zhaoqing's transportation facilities have also continued to improve, and the Zhaoqing-Hong Kong high-speed rail is expected to open on 1 July. The transport upgrades will enable the city to serve as a hub to reach the Mainland's southwestern provinces.
To help members learn more about the opportunities emerging in this fast-growing city, the Chamber will organize a delegation to Zhaoqing in July. The mission will explore the development of the city's healthcare, environmental protection and leisure industries.
Both the Guangdong Provincial Government and the Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office are supporting the development of the "Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao Special Cooperation Platform" project in which 8 sq km of land in Zhaoqing will be used to develop the "Zhaoqing Hong Kong City" concept, featuring the "Hong Kong Community". The Community will include Hong Kong-style hospitals, schools, health centers, hotels and shopping malls.
11 July (Thursday)
- Take high speed rail to Zhaoqing Dong Station
- Meeting and lunch with Zhaoqing General Chamber of Commerce
- Visit to Zhaoqing New District
- Visit to Health & Wellness Development Base
- Visit to Youth Innovation Entrepreneurship Base and Hong Kong City Project
- Meeting and dinner with Top Official of Zhaoqing
12 July (Friday)
- Travel to Guangning County, visit to nature and culture tourism project
- Company visit
- Take high speed rail back to Hong Kong
Click here for Registration Form
Please refer to the attached registration form for tentative itinerary and detailed expense.