||Mr Laurence Li, SC is the Chairman of the Financial Services Development Council (FSDC). The FSDC is an advisory body to the HKSAR Government on all matters relating to the development of Hong Kong as an international financial centre. It engages the industry in formulating proposals to promote the further development of the financial services industry of Hong Kong and to map out the strategic direction for the development.
Mr Li's profession is as a practicing barrister. He focuses on banking, commercial, company, and securities law. Prior to being called to the Hong Kong Bar, he served in several positions within the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong and, before that, worked in a law firm in New York.
Mr Li is a Judge of the International Court and Regulatory Tribunal in Doha, Qatar. He is also a Fellow of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, an Honorary Fellow of the Asian Institute of International Financial Law at The University of Hong Kong, and a Senior Fellow at the Centre for Financial Regulation and Economic Development at The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
|Date and Time
||2019/11/18 16:30 to 18:00
||Chamber Theatre, 22/F United Centre
||Closed to media
||Members @ HK$170
+$50 for booking offline
This event accepts Chamber Coupon (terms and conditions)
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- No refund will be made for last minute cancellations or no-shows. If the booking is cancelled at least 3 working days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.