The recent pandemic has accelerated the growth of an already robust E-commerce industry. Work from home, social distancing and the lockdown have helped virtual businesses to thrive despite the uncertainties and challenges. However, the e-business space can be very competitive and in order to succeed companies must be able to deliver goods and services quickly and at a reasonable cost. E-commerce businesses must therefore be able to leverage on technology to increase productivity, speed up delivery and raise the operation efficiency of their logistics system if they are to flourish in the New Economy.
Join our webinar on 13 August when Ir Kelvin Ko, Chief Executive Officer of BPS Logistics Technology, will explain how E-commerce businesses can incorporate top-notch automation technologies in their logistics systems and the potential benefits of doing so. He will also share case studies to illustrate how 'Smart Logistics' is making E-commerce businesses' lives easier.
- Latest development with logistics automation
- Logistics challenges during global coronavirus lockdown
- Logistics technology implementation in supply chain management
- How logistics automation can be beneficial to E-commerce business
- Case studies on successful E-commerce implementation
Please refer to the following details on the virtual seminar:
- Details such as the webinar link and participation in the Q&A session will be issued 2 days before the event.
- Instructions on downloading Zoom and joining a webinar can be found here. We suggest that you familiarise yourself with the software in advance of the webinar.
- Please log in 15 minutes (at 15:15) before the event begins, through the link that will be sent to your registered email. This will allow time to address any technical issues that may arise.
Speakers' presentations at this event are intended for educational purposes only and do not replace independent professional judgment. Statements of fact and opinions expressed during this event are those of the speakers and participants and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, its members, or its committees. The Chamber does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented. Attendees should note that, with the approval of speakers, this event may be recorded, and possibly published on the Chamber's website in audio and/or video formats without further notice.
Recording, duplication or distribution of the contents of the online event is prohibited without prior written permission from the Chamber.
||Ir Kelvin Ko, Chief Executive Officer, BPS Logistics Technology
Kelvin Ko is the CEO of BPS Logistics Technology. Kelvin is a seasoned professional in logistic operations, automation and process innovation. Throughout his 30 years in the logistics industry, he has planned, set up and managed a number of state-of-the-art logistics facilities focusing on automation and process innovation for clients such as Cathay Pacific Cargo Terminal, DHL Central Asia Hub, and various key sorting hubs operated by SF Express. In recent years, he has dedicated efforts to introducing practical solutions to address logistical challenges in Hong Kong and across the region. His projects include award winning automation projects for DKSH and Store Friendly, as well as HKTV Mall, DB Schenker, Cainiao, HKSTP, among others.
Kelvin graduated from The University of Hong Kong with a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering. He is a founding member of the Logistics and Transportation Division of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers, and is a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institution of Transport and Logistics. He is also the Chairman of the Logistics Industry Training Advisory Committee, established under the Education Bureau and is a member of Transport and Housing Bureau's Hong Kong Logistics Development Council.
|Date and Time
||2020/08/13 15:30 to 16:30
||This seminar will take place online
||Closed to media
Tel: 2823 1220
||Members @ HK$100 / Non-Members @ HK$200
+$50 for booking offline
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.
-The registration fee is non-refundable for this event.