||Florence Yip, Asia Pacific Tax Leader Financial Services, Asset & Wealth Management, PwC Hong Kong
Dixon Wong, Head of Financial Services, Invest Hong Kong
Esmond Lee, CEO, Euroclear Bank Hong Kong Branch
Asia Pacific Tax Leader Financial Services, Asset & Wealth Management, PwC Hong Kong
Florence is PwC's Asia Pacific Tax Leader of Financial Services, and Asset & Wealth Management. She is a member of the PwC Global Financial Services Tax Leadership and the Board of the PwC Women Executive Network in Hong Kong. She was appointed a Justice of the Peace in Hong Kong on 1 July 2018.
She is a member of the Financial Services Development Council ('FSDC') of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (2013-2019) and is also the Convenor of the FSDC's New Business Committee. In her roles, Florence has led and contributed to a number of FSDC working groups in presenting recommendations on policy and regulatory reforms affecting asset and fund management, banking and insurance. She also advises on issues relating to how the financial industry in Hong Kong can contribute to the city's 'super connector' role in the Belt & Road initiative. [Full text]
Head of Financial Services, Invest Hong Kong
Dixon Wong was appointed as the Head of Financial Services at Invest Hong Kong (InvestHK) in March 2019. InvestHK is the government department responsible for investment promotion, i.e. helping overseas and Mainland companies to establish or expand their business presence in Hong Kong.
Before joining InvestHK, Wong held various senior positions in a number of different departments in an international bank for more than 20 years. Before that, he worked in the assurance and advisory department of a big four international accounting firm.
Wong has obtained a LLB (Hons) degree and a MBA degree from the United Kingdom. He is also a Chartered Accountant (CA, Aust & NZ), Fellow Certified Public Accountant (FCPA, Hong Kong) and Fellow Chartered Secretary (FCIS, UK; FCS, Hong Kong). Wong is also a member of HKTDC Financial Services Advisory Committee and Steering Committee of Asian Financial Forum.
CEO, Euroclear Bank Hong Kong Branch
Before joining Euroclear on 1 November 2017, Lee was the Senior Advisor of the Financial Services Development Council (FSDC) between 22 August 2016 and 21 August 2017. FSDC was set up by the Hong Kong Government to develop financial services.
Before joining the FSDC, Lee served as the Executive Director in charge of the Financial Infrastructure Department at the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) from 1 February 2008 to 7 August 2016. Lee has played a key role in the development and operation of the financial infrastructure, especially clearing and settlement systems, in Hong Kong since joining the HKMA in 1993. He served as Chief Representative in the HKMA's New York Office from 1998 to 2000.
Before joining the HKMA, Lee was working in the Hong Kong Government as Principal Economist.
Lee got a Master of Arts in Comparative Asian Studies in 1991 and a Bachelor of Social Sciences in Economics and Management Studies in 1978, both from University of Hong Kong; and a Master of Laws in Arbitration and Dispute Resolution from City University of Hong Kong in 2017.
||- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- The registration fee is non-refundable for this event.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.