The YEC CSR sub-group is organizing a half-day Warehouse volunteering session at Feeding HK (www.feedinghk.org) on 17 December. During the session, members will assist the sorting and repacking of packaged or canned food items in the Feeding HK warehouse, which will then be distributed to the elderly and underprivileged community. YEC members are encouraged to participate as a volunteer or sponsor young colleagues from their companies to join.
* Max. 12 volunteers, each volunteer will have to contribute a donation of HK$150 or above to Feeding HK. Participants donating HK$500 or above will receive a free YEC polo shirt! (while stock lasts!)
Date: Monday, 17 December, 2018
Venue: Unit 715, Block A2, Yau Tong Industrial City, 17-25 Ko Fai Road, Yau Tong, Kowloon (MTR Yau Tong Exit A2).
Map & Direction: (https://www.feedinghk.org/map-and-directions/)
2:00 – 2:15pm: Arrival at the warehouse
2:30 - 2:50pm: Introduction of Feeding Hong Kong + Tour of the warehouse + Briefing
2:50 - 5:20pm: Food Packing
5:20 - 5:30pm: Group Photo Taking + Debriefing
Terms & Notes:
· Volunteers must be 18 or above to work in the warehouse., physically healthy, they might need to do some light lifting.
· The session will involve some light lifting and bending. If you have neck or back issues, or if you got your hands and legs injured, this volunteer activity might not be suitable for you. If you have any questions on this, please let us know.
· The ideal work attire is jeans and trainers. Open shoes or heels are not allowed while working in the warehouse.
· Please bring a jumper as the warehouse's temperature is set at 22 degree .
· Eating or drinking is not allowed in the warehouse, but you are welcome to use the pantry outside.