Please refer to the attached registration form for tentative itinerary and detailed expense.
Click here for Registration Form
Foshan is at the heart of the Lingnan region, an area of Southern China renowned for its traditional culture. The city has its own distinctive heritage, which is reflected in its ceramics, Cantonese opera, martial arts, Canton silk, patent medicine and folk arts.
Foshan and Guangzhou form the "Guangfo Metropolitan Area," an important part of the Greater Bay Area. According to the 2018 "China City Competitiveness Report" issued by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Foshan's comprehensive economic competitiveness ranks 11th in the country.
The "Foshan + Hong Kong" cooperation model was announced officially in Foshan's Government Working Report earlier this year to promote scientific and technological innovation cooperation between the two places. Recognising that intellectual property rights protection is crucial in promoting economic development, Foshan has also been cooperating with the HKSAR closely in this area.
The recent commencement of the High Speed Rail has helped foster a closer relationship between Hong Kong and Foshan. In the light of this development, a joint delegation organized by the Chamber's China Committee and Young Executives Club will visit the city on 17-18 January to gain a first-hand understanding of Foshan's latest developments. The delegation will also use the opportunity to visit Sanshan New City, which is next to Guangzhou South Station.
17 January (Thursday)
- Travel to Guangzhounan Station by High Speed Rail
- Visit Foshan International Sports Arena
- Lunch meeting
- Visit Guangdong New Zhong Yuan Ceramics Co
- Visit Foshan High-tech Industrial Development Zone and meeting
- Dinner with Foshan officials
- Night tour at Lingnan Tiandi
18 January (Friday)
- Visit FAW-Volkswagen Automotive Co Ltd
- Visit HKUST LED-FPD Technology R&D Center at Foshan
- Lunch meeting
- Visit Sanshan New City
- Travel to Hong Kong West Kowloon Station by High Speed Rail