Guernsey Finance is the promotional agency for Guernsey’s finance industry. We represent all sectors of the industry, including investment funds, trust and companies, banking, insurance, investment managements and pensions.
GUERNSEY - A SECURE, STABLE SPECIALIST FINANCE CENTRE OF SUBSTANCE and sustainability
As a British Crown Dependency, with its links to the UK through the Crown rather than Parliament, Guernsey has its own legislature which determines local laws, including those relating to taxation. In 2004, Guernsey celebrated 800 years of constitutional autonomy.
The continuing robustness of Guernsey’s economy and sound financial position is reflected by its Standard & Poor’s AA- credit rating which was re-affirmed in 2018 stating that Guernsey has “strong and flexible institutions, a wealthy economy and a healthy fiscal position overall.”
Guernsey’s constitutional autonomy, together with its political and economic stability, provides a strong, stable platform in uncertain times. This platform provides a competitive advantage not easily eroded by competitors
Against a backdrop of increasing geopolitical and economic uncertainty (i.e Brexit, Hong Kong, the rise of populism), Guernsey provides continuing stability and certainty.
Guernsey is a force for global good through its strategic commitment to sustainability and demonstrated by membership of the UN Financial Centres for Sustainability Global Network (UNFC4S). Guernsey is leading the way with its green finance initiative; Guernsey Green Finance and the world’s first regulated green fund regime.
Meeting OECD and EU substance requirements has been globally recognised as a factor in jurisdictional choice. Guernsey introduced substance tests in compliance with EU and OECD requirements in 2019 and has the breadth and depth of professional expertise to ensure that substance requirements are met.
Guernsey is committed to complying with international standards of tax transparency whilst respecting its clients’ right to privacy.
• Guernsey’s commitment to its standing as a co-operative and transparent international finance centre is endorsed by its placement on the OECD “whitelist of approved offshore jurisdictions” since April 2009.
• Guernsey is compliant or largely compliant with 48/49 FATF recommendations on AML and CFT and was an early adopter of the Common Reporting Standard (CRS).
• Guernsey’s data protection legislation is deemed equivalent to the EU GDPR.
• Guernsey’s central register of beneficial ownership is not public – access is only granted to competent authorities such as law enforcement, tax authorities and other regulatory bodies.
For more information, please take a look at our websites:
In English: www.weareguernsey.com
In Chinese: www.weareguernsey.cn
Promote the Guernsey's financial services sector internationally
|Nature of Business
- Other Business Management & Consultancy Service