Importers and exporters will no doubt go for the payment options that are in their favour when settling international trade transactions. Payment in advance would benefit sellers, while buyers would normally prefer open account. Other payment options such as documentary collections and Letters of Credit may involve different factors for consideration. This workshop will introduce various payment options, explain the risks involve, and provide practical notes and advices for all parties concerned.
This workshop is suitable for people engaging in merchandising, sales and purchasing, logistics, supply chain, and finance/accounting.
1. Introduce different types of export trade finance based on various payment terms
2. Recognize the pre-export and post-export financing techniques applied in international trade
3. Learn how to use short-term export trade financing solutions to accelerate cash flow in different types of transactions and circumstances
4. Documentary collections and Letters of Credit processed by banks are quite different in operation. What should be noted when applying them? What are bank charges and relevant banking documents required by these payment options?
5. Both open account and payment in advance incur risks to both importers and exporters. How could users obtain the biggest protection without the need to handle numerous banking documents when applying these risky payment options?
This workshop will be conducted in Cantonese. Please refer to the Chinese version for details.
Coronavirus Containment Measure:
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19, we kindly ask that all event participants wear a mask when attending the event
- To minimise the risk of spreading the coronavirus, if you or a family member has been overseas within 14 days of this event, then we kindly request that you do not attend.
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19, food and beverages will not be provided during the event
- Chamber staff will be conducting temperature checks at the premises.