Design Thinking is an activity-based, iterative and continuous process. This approach has a strong emphasis on learning-by-doing, empathy and co-creation. Multinational companies such as Apple, Toyota and others innovate continuously because of their culture of Design Thinking. They integrate the needs of people, the possibilities of technology and the requirements for business success.
Theme of This Workshop
"As a manager or business owner, how can you develop innovative business recovery strategies and plans for overcoming challenging times?"
The objective is to help participants build creative confidence and get ready to start using Design Thinking on projects immediately after the class. Participants will experience the practical and interactive process to learn how to manage the different phases of the Design Thinking methodology.
The course consists of 4 sessions, focusing on the different stages of Design Thinking:
1) Discovering market needs
(Tools: Stakeholder Map and Design Research)
2) Defining the root-case of problems
(Tools: Personas and Customer Journey Map)
3) Developing business opportunities
(Tools: Ideation and Idea Priority Map)
4) Delivering user experience
(Tools: Rapid Prototyping, Service Scenarios, and Concept Pitch)
Upon completion of the workshop, you will be able to:
• Apply Design Thinking for product improvement, service innovation and business transformations
• Identify the critical stakeholders and work with them to co-create, achieving innovation results
• Discover the unmet, hidden and potential needs of your users and transform them into business opportunities
• Design innovative and iconic products (or services) to resolve your business challenges
• Present your innovation solutions in impactful ways to gain support and the resources for delivery
** After completing the 1-day training programme, participants will be awarded a certificate of Design Thinking Fundamentals programme from DesignThinkers Academy. **
An international certificate from DesignThinkers Academy will be awarded to the participant who has completed the 1-day training programme; including but not limited to the following requirements throughout the training:
- Participate in the whole day session without being late/ early leave for more than 1 hour
- Participate in all the activities assigned by Trainers
Coronavirus Containment Measure:
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19, we kindly ask that all event participants wear a mask when attending the event
- To minimise the risk of spreading the coronavirus, if you or a family member has been overseas within 14 days of this event, then we kindly request that you do not attend.
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19, food and beverages will not be provided during the event
- All visitors must scan the "LeaveHomeSafe" QR code at the entrance and undergo body temperature checks.