The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) has set up the new Fintech Facilitation Office (FFO) to support the sustainable development of the Fintech industry in Hong Kong and to keep the public confident in Fintech services and the banking system.
This workshop is to enable C-suite and senior management to know the latest development of Fintech on AI, Blockchain, Cloud, and Big Data. It consists of 2 parts: Lecture and Action Learning. The Lecture session will be a 2-hour market overview seminar, while the Action Learning session will be a 5-hour interactive practical session for participants.
1. Enrich participants' Fintech knowledge.
2. Examine industry updates, applications and market trends.
3. Inspire participants on applying the knowledge in their workplace and get prepared on facing upcoming Fintech challenges from leadership perspective.
Lecture Session – Innovation Business with Fintech (2 hours)
Objective: This session aims to equip participants with the latest Fintech knowledge, facilitating them to ride on the Fintech wave for business success.
1. Fintech Industry
• Market trend of technology development & impact for different industries across major countries, including China & USA
• Fintech vs Techfin
2. Big Data, Cloud and Blockchain
• Where is the Big Data coming from?
• Right Concept of Big Data and Blockchain
• Myth of Big Data & Cloud
• What is it and why it matters?
• Global and China trends
• Real-life applications, changing the future life!
Action Learning Session – Creating Strategic Edge with Fintech (5 hours)
Methodology: With interactive facilitation and simulated business cases, participants will practise the thinking and planning of new business models with Fintech knowledge acquired, and discuss and present their fresh actions. They will also receive feedback from other participants and the Facilitator for group learning!
Objective: To equip participants with innovative thinking and planning tools. With better understanding of the latest technological development in finance, participants could start planning the roadmap for the next level.
1. Business Thinking Model Canvas
• Business management and LEAN startup
• Value proposition, infrastructure, customers & finances
• Action: 4 groups as 4 separated companies of the same background, start business planning to grow the company with traditional ways
2. The New World of Sharing Economy, Open Data and Cashless Society
• The power of interconnectivity
• Successful cases
• Simulation of the simulated business units
• Action: With new Fintech concepts and scopes, allowing interconnection and sharing resources, revamp the business under new concept
3. How Traditional Businesses in Hong Kong React to the Rapid Changes
• The challenges of traditional businesses
• The new ecosystem
• From competition to partnership
• Successful cases
• An exercise of thinking big
• Action: Encourage cross-over between 4 groups to share for possible synergies, think big to achieve larger scales
4. Your Initial Action Plan
• Role of management to tackle the future challenge
• The competition with teamwork
• Action: Present the initial plans to integrate Fintech into real business activities
To prevent the spread of Covid-19, food and beverages will not be provided during the event and Chamber staff will be conducting temperature checks at the premises. We also kindly ask that all event participants wear a mask when attending the event