"You need to be more strategic!" – is one of the most common comments made by senior management about middle and junior management.
But what does it mean, and how can we achieve it? For managers in small and large businesses, private and public organizations, this workshop equips participants with practical tools and approaches to enable a more strategic approach.
1. What is strategy?
‧ Understand how approaches to strategy have evolved over time
‧ Strategy in a complex world – how to adapt to changing markets
2.Strategic management behaviours
‧ Identify the behaviours that contribute to
1) Devising strategies
2) Engaging others with your strategies
3) Implementing strategies
‧ Evaluate your preferences and build a personal strategic development plan
3. The 4-level approach to strategy
‧ Connecting the dots between the big picture and the detail – how to ensure strategic alignment
‧ Three tools to generate insights:
2) PEST macro analysis (versus SWOT micro analysis)
3) Spicy Questions
4. Implementing strategies
‧ Learn the BOOST™ approach to implementing strategy
‧ Apply BOOST™ to one of your strategic initiatives
Speakers' presentations at this event are intended for educational purposes only and do not replace independent professional judgment. Statements of fact and opinions expressed during this event are those of the speakers and participants and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, its members, or its committees. The Chamber does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented. Attendees should note that, with the approval of speakers, this event may be recorded, and possibly published on the Chamber's website in audio and/or video formats without further notice.
Recording, duplication or distribution of the contents of the online event is prohibited without prior written permission from the Chamber.
||David Lambert, Director, IOWEU (HK) Ltd.
David Lambert leads a networked global consultancy with representatives in 22 countries. An accomplished speaker and coach, he is also co-author author of Smarter Selling, a business best-seller translated into six languages. A former head of PricewaterhouseCoopers Leadership Academy, David travels extensively, supporting IOWEU International's business partners and leading assignments in Asia and Europe.
|Date and Time
||2019/04/24 09:30 to 17:30
||Chamber Theatre, 22/F United Centre
||Closed to media
Tel: 2823 1239
||Members @ HK$2,780 / Non-Members @ HK$3,780
+$50 for booking offline
This event accepts Chamber Coupon (terms and conditions)
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- No refund will be made for last minute cancellations or no-shows. If the booking is cancelled at least 7 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.