ESG criteria can help businesses map a clear path forward amid a changing global environment, and are increasingly among the factors that investors consider before committing their money. Since the emergence of Covid-19, companies are more aware of the importance of sustainability, as well as the potential of ESG (environmental, social and governance) guidelines to act as economic drivers.
Companies of all types will need to adhere to ESG principles in future as the business landscape evolves. For SMEs, there is also the opportunity to use ESG criteria to boost their competitiveness as well as achieve sustainability.
For many SMEs, it can be difficult to know where to start with ESG. To help members understand the topic, at our seminar on 13 July, a panel of sustainability experts will share their insights on the latest developments in the global ESG space and the implementation process.
- What are the latest ESG trends and developments?
- How can ESG principles help businesses improve efficiency and stay competitive?
- Where should SMEs begin when introducing ESG criteria to their businesses?
Speakers' presentations at this event are intended for educational purposes only and do not replace independent professional judgment. Statements of fact and opinions expressed during this event are those of the speakers and participants and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, its members, or its committees. The Chamber does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented. Attendees should note that, with the approval of speakers, this event may be recorded, and possibly published on the Chamber's website in audio and/or video formats without further notice.
Recording, duplication or distribution of the contents of the online event is prohibited without prior written permission from the Chamber.
Dr Glenn Frommer, Founder, ESG Matters Ltd
Dr Frommer is one of the pioneers of sustainability in Hong Kong and was involved in the drafting of a number of key global ESG standards as well as Hong Kong policies on environmental issues.
Prior to founding ESG Matters, Dr Frommer held a number of senior positions with the MTR Corporation. During more than 20 years with the company, he embedded sustainability through an Enterprise Risk Management approach and also implemented a ground-breaking climate change policy.
James Choi, Technical Director, ESG Matters Ltd
Choi has been involved in environmental projects for more than 20 years with a focus on noise pollution including Environmental Noise Impact Assessment and environmental-IT related applications.
Lavin Yeung, Head of Business Development and Marketing, ESG Matters Ltd
Yeung is the Head of Business Development and Marketing at ESG Matters and is responsible for emerging markets as well as Hong Kong and Taiwan.
In her role, she works closely with start-ups, SMEs and entrepreneurs, to help them with their ESG journey including CSR, customer relations and marketing.
|Date and Time
||2022/07/13 11:00 to 12:15
||Hybrid (Online+On-site (22/F, United Centre))
||Closed to media
+$50 for booking offline
- HK$ 100 for Members / HK$ 200 for Non-Members (Online via Zoom)
- HK$ 120 for Members / HK$ 240 for Non-Members (On-site participation)
This event accepts Chamber Coupon (terms and conditions)
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.
- Details such as the webinar link will be sent to attendee by ZOOM email 3 days before the event.
- The registration fee is non-refundable for this event.
- Switching from on-site to online participation is accepted, but no refund of any difference in registration fee will be made.