Public services are beginning to return to normal in Hong Kong as coronavirus caseloads are brought under control. However, the Inland Revenue Department's limited service arrangement, which was put in place earlier this year until early May, has inevitably affected tax audit and other dispute cases in such areas as interview arrangement, negotiation process, settlement deadline and penalty considerations.
At this webinar, Mr Kenneth Wong and Mr Philip Hung, respectively Leader and Director of PricewaterhouseCoopers' Tax Controversy Services, will provide an update and insights on the following topics supplemented by a number of case studies:
- IRD's latest operational arrangements and deadlines for tax compliance and payments;
- Strategies for expediting dispute resolution, mitigating penalties and applying for tax instalments during the COVID-19 period;
- Tactics for safeguarding cashflow against unexpected changes in tax payments; and
- IRD's practice in handling tax audit and dispute cases.
Please refer to the following on the virtual seminar:
- Details such as the webinar link and participation in the Q&A session will be issued 3 days before the event.
- Instructions on downloading Zoom and joining a meeting can be found here. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the software in advance of the webinar.
- Please log in 15 minutes (at 10:45am) before the event begins, through the link that will be sent to your registered email. This will allow time to address any technical issues that may arise.