||Mr Yau assumed the post of the Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development on 1 July, 2017. His portfolio covers policy areas from trade, commerce to telecommunications and broadcasting, and from promotion of creative industries, intellectual property and consumer protection to boosting inward investment and tourism development.
Before taking up his current post, he was the Director of the Chief Executive's Office from 2012 to 2017, assisting the Chief Executive in formulating policies and setting policy goals and priorities. He was the Secretary for the Environment from 2007 to 2012, overseeing policies on environmental protection, energy, nature conservation and sustainable development.
Mr Yau started his civil service career as an Administrative Officer in 1981. During his long service as a civil servant, he held various positions, including Director of Information Services, Deputy Secretary for Education and Manpower, Deputy Director-General of Trade and Industry as well as Director-General of the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in Washington, DC, USA.
Mr Yau graduated from the University of Hong Kong. He received further education at Oxford University and at Harvard University.
|Date and Time
||2017/10/30 16:30 to 18:00
||Chamber Theatre, 22/F United Centre
||Closed to media
||Members @ HK$160
+$50 for booking offline
This event accepts Chamber Coupon (terms and conditions)
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Bookings will only be confirmed with full payment, on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Substitution is allowed for corporate members only with advanced notice while walk-ins will normally not be accepted.
- Please note that the Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event without explanation. In any such instance, the event fee will be returned in full.
- There will be no refund for attendees cancelling or not showing up for the event unless the cancellation request is made in writing at least 5 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- Starting 1 January 2017, all off-line bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for Chamber events will be charged a $50 handling fee per person. Make the switch to online today by installing our app or registering via our website to save the environment and save money.
- Priorities are given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any bookings shall be at the sole discretion of the Chamber.