||Sarah Chin is the Global Tax & Legal Chief Operating Officer and China Tax Partner, National Leader for Indirect Tax and Customs, as well as Leader of the AP ICE (Asia Pacific International Core of Excellence) team at Deloitte China. She is also a member of the Steering Committee of Deloitte's Global VAT and Customs group.
Chin started her career as an inspector with HM Revenue & Customs in the United Kingdom before entering the consulting profession. She spent seven years in the U.K. primarily advising on governmental issues and international VAT. She then moved to Switzerland where she spent eight years establishing an International VAT Centre of Excellence, prior to building and heading up an International VAT team in Switzerland for another "Big Four" firm.
Chin works with clients to plan and implement complicated VAT and customs structures both in China and globally. She is experienced in resolving complicated customs matters regarding transfer-pricing valuations, classifications and anti-smuggling. She also has key expertise in supply chain structures combining the optimal export VAT refund structure, utilizing customs-driven reliefs. Chin specializes in the life sciences and pharmaceutical sectors, but also has in-depth experience in a number of other industries, such as luxury products, manufacturing and automotive. She is the global indirect tax and customs lead for some of Deloitte's most strategic clients. For the past few years, Chin has worked as a domestic expert with the Chinese Government on the design and approach of the VAT Reform.
|Date and Time
||2020/02/10 12:30 to 14:00
||Chamber Theatre, 22/F United Centre
||Open to media
Tel: 2823 1265
||Members @ HK$190 / Non-Members @ HK$400
+$50 for booking offline
This event accepts Chamber Coupon (terms and conditions)
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- No refund will be made for last minute cancellations or no-shows. If the booking is cancelled at least 3 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.