||Irene Chu, KPMG China's Head of New Economy & Life Sciences for Hong Kong
Cindy Chow, Executive Director of Alibaba Hong Kong Entrepreneurs Fund
David Chung, Under Secretary for Innovation and Technology
Ricky Chiu, CEO of Phase Scientific
Irene Chu is a Partner of KPMG China heading the New Economy Business and Life Sciences sector for the Hong Kong region. She is experienced in serving multinational and Mainland Chinese companies that are private or listed in Hong Kong and the U.S. in audit and advisory projects. The industry sectors of her clients include technology, telecommunications, healthcare, life sciences, and consumer markets. Her primary focus now is on emerging companies and the life sciences sector.
Chu works with innovative companies across different industry sectors, and collaborates with the Hong Kong Government, investors, universities and corporate entities to support and grow the entrepreneurial ecosystem, new economy opportunities and the life sciences sector in Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area.
Cindy Chow has been the Executive Director of the Alibaba Hong Kong Entrepreneurs Fund since 2015. Before assuming her current role, Cindy joined Alibaba Group in 2007 as the Senior Director of International Finance, focusing on financial control and planning capacity.
Before joining Alibaba Group, Chow worked at a number of Hong Kong-listed companies, specialising in financing, management reporting and planning. Chow holds a Master of Business Administration and is a certified public accountant. She is a non-official member of the Hong Kong SAR Government's Committee on Innovation, Technology and Re-industrialisation, and volunteers for various organisations dedicated to youth development. Through different initiatives launched by the Fund and in her own capacity, Chow aspires to help Hong Kong's entrepreneurs and young people realise their dreams in a vibrant world city.
David Chung is the Under Secretary for Innovation and Technology. Dr Chung has nearly 30 years of experience in information technology (IT) strategic management and entrepreneurship development, and worked in several IT firms.
He joined Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited in March 2004 and was responsible for taking forward Cyberport's IT infrastructure and incubation. He was Chief Technology Officer when he left Cyberport in February 2016. Public service positions held by Dr Chung include Council Member of the Hong Kong Computer Society, Convenor of the IT Expert Advisory Group of the Consumer Council, and Member of the Hong Kong/Guangdong Expert Committee on Cloud Computing Services and Standards.
Ricky Chiu is the CEO, founder and lead inventor of PHASE Scientific's underlying technology. Prior to PHASE Scientific, he was a former project manager at Alere (now Abbott), where he took several rapid point-of-care diagnostics from concept to market; amongst his most successful products is the first FDA approved drug-of-abuse diagnostic that utilized oral fluid.
Leveraging his experience at Alere, Chiu pursued his Ph.D. in bioengineering at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), with a focus on cutting-edge diagnostics development. His doctorate research led to his invention of a revolutionary sample-preparation technology that can improve the sensitivity of most diagnostic tools. Chiu founded the company in 2014 with the goal of commercializing his invention. Since then, he and the company have been the recipient and principal of multiple grants and awards, including from the National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. For the past five years, Ricky has successfully raised over USD$14 million in funding from governments, non-profit organizations and investors. Currently, PHASE Scientific has 35 employees, over 30 patents granted or filed, and operations in the U.S.A., China, and Hong Kong.
||- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- No refund will be made for last minute cancellations or no-shows. If the booking is cancelled at least 3 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.