Terms of Reference
- To advise and assist the General Committee and the Chamber Directorate in formulating policy, enhancing economic relations and strengthening trade performance between Hong Kong and the area covered by the Committee.
- To promote and to protect the business interests of Hong Kong through representations, lobbying and visits to other bodies.
2) Area Covered
Far Eastern Part of Russia, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Pakistan, Sri-Lanka, India, ASEAN Countries, Indo-China, Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands and all African and Middle East Countries (except Israel).
- The Committee is open to any Full Member of the Chamber who wishes to join.
- Chamber individual associate members may apply as observers to the Committee.
- The Committee shall hold at least one meeting every six months.
- The General Committee will appoint at least one of its members to membership of the Committee.
- The Chairman shall be the spokesman for the Chamber in answering enquiries from the media on business matters in relation to the area covered.
- Members should observe the “Guidelines for HKGCC Committees”.
- To promote, recommend and participate in goodwill/study/trade/lobbying missions to visit the area covered.
- To meet incoming missions/visitors from the area covered with the aims of promoting Hong Kong’s business interests and establishing an effective international business network.
- To study and advise the General Committee and the Chamber Directorate on issues affecting economic and trade relations between Hong Kong and the area covered by the Committee.
- To carry out any other related work at the request of the General Committee or the Chamber Directorate.