ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE CHAMBER
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of Members of The Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce (“the Chamber”) will be held in Room N201, at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, 1 Expo Drive, Wanchai, Hong Kong on:
FRIDAY, 18 MAY 2018 AT 6:00 P.M.
The Agenda for the Meeting will be:
1. To elect six General Committee members.
2. To receive and adopt the Report of the General Committee and the Financial Statements of the Chamber for the year ended 31 December 2017.
3. To appoint Auditors and fix their remuneration.
4. To consider any further business or motion of which at least fourteen days’ notice must be given.
Dated 25 April 2018
By order of the General Committee
1. Members are reminded that under Articles 46 and 49 of the Chamber’s Articles of Association, and subject to Article 33, each Full Member is entitled to one vote. Only the authorised representative (i.e. Primary Company Representative) shall have the right to vote. Such authorised representative may be required to provide proof of identity.
2. Pursuant to Articles 48(1) and 48(6), a Member entitled to attend and vote at the above Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and to vote instead of him or her. A proxy need not be a member of the Chamber. A Member wishing to vote by proxy should appoint one and only one proxy, as multiple proxies risk being invalidated in their entirety. If the authorised representative attends the above Meeting to vote in person, his/her proxy will be revoked.
3. Specifically for Agenda Item 1, Members may vote by post with the enclosed Postal Ballot Paper. Note that a postal ballot is a VOTE valid for the matter under Agenda Item 1 only. If the authorised representative attends the above Meeting to vote in person, his/her vote cast by post will be revoked.
4. To be valid, completed Proxy Form and/or Postal Ballot Paper must be deposited at the address shown on the enclosed Proxy Form and Postal Ballot Paper not later than 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 16 May 2018.
THE HONG KONG GENERAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
AGENDA ITEM 1: TO ELECT SIX GENERAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS
1. The following six members of the General Committee retire in accordance with Articles 14(1) and 14(2):
|Stanley Hon Chung Hui
||NWS Holdings Ltd
||Goldman Sachs (Asia) LLC
|David T C Lie
||Newpower International (Holdings) Co Ltd
|Stephen Tin Hoi Ng
||The Wharf (Holdings) Ltd
|Anthony T Y Wu
||Sincere Watch (Hong Kong) Ltd
|Emil Chen On Yu
||Keystone Electric Wire & Cable Co Ltd
2. For the six vacant seats above:
a. The following offer themselves for re-election in accordance with Articles 14(3) and 15:
b. The following offer themselves for election in accordance with Article 15 and Bye-Law 4:
3. All the above members seeking re-election or election are eligible under Article 14(3), Article 15 and Bye-Law 4.
25 April 2018