The world economy is facing a growing array of challenges ahead. Many businesses may be able to withstand the challenges ahead, but it may very well be that their trading counterparties cannot. In this workshop, we will discuss what companies can do to alleviate risk, and recover under challenging situations.
• What action can we take against defaulting debtor?
• Practical considerations in the choice of actions
• Competition between creditors
• Interim measures in assets protection
Who should attend:
Directors, in-house counsels, compliance officers and responsible officers
2.5 Law Society CPD point has been applied for this course (to be confirmed).
Speakers' presentations at this event are intended for educational purposes only and do not replace independent professional judgment. Statements of fact and opinions expressed during this event are those of the speakers and participants and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, its members, or its committees. The Chamber does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented. Attendees should note that, with the approval of speakers, this event may be recorded, and possibly published on the Chamber's website in audio and/or video formats without further notice.
Recording, duplication or distribution of the contents of the online event is prohibited without prior written permission from the Chamber.
Emily Li, Partner, Stephenson Harwood
Emily is a partner in our Hong Kong office with extensive experience in commercial litigation and dispute resolutions, with a focus on contentious liquidation and insolvency matters, international trade finance disputes, and regulatory matters.
|Date and Time
||2023/04/20 10:00 to 12:30
||Chamber Theatre, 22/F United Centre
||Closed to media
||Members @ HK$380 / Non-Members @ HK$770
+$50 for booking offline
This event accepts Chamber Coupon (terms and conditions)
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- No refund will be made for last minute cancellations or no-shows. If the booking is cancelled at least 7 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.