Founded in 1861, the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce is the oldest, yet most dynamic business organization in Hong Kong. Our members represent a wide spectrum of local, Mainland Chinese and international businesses. More than half of the flagship corporations listed on the Hang Seng Index are our members. Combined, our membership, from renowned multinationals to thriving SMEs, employ around one third of the local workforce. The Chamber serves as the voice of business, and we help our members succeed through our core functions: advocacy, knowledge-based events, networking, and a variety of business documentation services. We hope you will click through the links below to learn a little more about the Chamber, and apply to join HKGCC.
The Voice of Business
Breadth: We have representatives on over 40 Government and non-Government Advisory Boards.
Depth: Two Executive Council representatives are Chamber members, two of our members are Legislative Councilors, and two of our members serve on the CPPCC Standing Committee.
Results: Initiated CEPA, emissions reduction plan, abolishment of estate duty and wine tax, SME Loan Guarantee Scheme...
- Join committees to get your voice heard
- Focused advocacy
- Focused connections
- Focused events
- Focused networking
- We manage 20 industry and functional committee
Political network: Meet local & foreign government officials, consuls general, government advisors.
Business network: Mingle with the cream of Hong Kong’s business community, and attend our regular networking events to expand your business and connections.
International network: Over 100 overseas and Mainland delegations visit the Chamber every year.
Knowledge network: Incoming delegations, overseas missions and knowledge-sharing sessions provide you with first-hand information, contacts & business opportunities.
- Choose from over 250 events that we hold every year to broaden your business knowledge, connections and interests.
- Pick the brains of our policy experts to stay on top of the latest developments.
- Visit key government and private facilities in our exclusive behind-the-scenes site visits.
- Achieve a better work-life balance by attending one of our many cultural, sports, recreation, health, and lifestyle events.