This Code of Ethics, as adopted by the Membership Committee and approved by the General Committee of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, is intended to serve as a general guideline to the everyday conduct of every Chamber member (Corporate Members and Individual Associate Members.)
- Chamber members should observe all rules set out in the Memorandum and Articles of Association and Bye-laws of the Chamber, a copy of which is given to all members upon their joining of membership.
- The Chamber expects each member to observe a high standard of business ethics, and to be honest in their dealings with government, officials, the public, firms or other corporations, entities, or organizations with whom the member company transacts, or is likely to transact.
- The Chamber expects each member to observe and comply with all laws, rules, and regulations of the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong, in which members are registered as lawful business entities.
- Members should avoid any activities that involve or would lead to the involvement of the company in any unlawful practices. Accordingly, each member should understand the legal standards and restrictions that apply to all registered businesses in Hong Kong.
- Members are expected to endorse the overall Chamber's mission of promoting, representing and safeguarding the interests of the Hong Kong business community. Members are expected to be reputable representatives of the Chamber and not be using the Chamber in a way which brings discredit to the Chamber.
- Members should acknowledge that any practice or behavior of members that contradict the mission or the general interest of the Chamber may result in possible expulsion from membership upon the judgement of the General Committee.