In our current, fast-paced digital age where businesses are all competing for attention and dealing with a cynical audience, it's not enough just to offer up the facts about you or your company to potential customers, prospective employers or investors, or even to your own colleagues. You need to be able to show them: What makes you or your business so special? And to do that, you need to have a good story.
Stories are an effective way to transmit important information and values from one individual to the next. Stories that are personal and emotionally compelling engage more of the brain, are better remembered and more likely to provoke a positive response, than simply stating a set of facts.
This workshop is designed to introduce you to the power of storytelling, its strategic value, and the ways to become an influencer right way.
1. Understand the science: Why do character-driven stories with emotional content result in a clearer understanding and better recall of key points?
2. Learn key storytelling techniques.
3. Highlight ways to structure content for clarity and impact.
4. Apply the craft immediately.
• Adopt a structure that's been historically proven as one of the best ways in getting people to remember your message
• Use appropriate and relevant analogies, metaphors, examples and quotes
• Speak in pictures to leave lasting impressions for people to act on
• Speak with passion – in tone, words choice, word emphasis, rhythm, pace and timing
• Create a conversational atmosphere which is naturally driven by the listener, not the speaker
Anyone who needs to interact with people at their workplace.
Coronavirus Containment Measure:
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19, we kindly ask that all event participants wear a mask when attending the event.
- Attendees, who feel unwell are advised against in-person attendance at the Chamber. If attendees are required to undergo compulsory testing, please bring along a negative PCR or RAT test result when attending physically.
- Food and beverages will not be provided during the event.
- All visitors are required to undergo body temperature checks and sanitize hands at the entrance.