Due to unforeseen circumstances, this event has had to be cancelled. All registrations will receive a full refund. Thank you for your interest.
Europe is leading on the sustainability front, from regulation to investor action. Most of the standards on ESG have been coming from Europe with the European situation/sentiment in mind. However, ESG is a global issue with regional nuances. Take climate change for example. Many countries in Asia are emerging, and their responsibility for and ability to act on climate change is smaller. How can Asian companies integrate this in their approach on ESG? Especially since there is pressure to align to European standards, either because of the push for global alignment or because companies have European investors or a head office in Europe. We will tackle these questions with three different financial institutions in Hong Kong that are experiencing this as we speak. We expect their experiences to be applicable to other types of organizations as well, as all sectors are questioned on their sustainability practices.
Speakers' presentations at this event are intended for educational purposes only and do not replace independent professional judgment. Statements of fact and opinions expressed during this event are those of the speakers and participants and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, its members, or its committees. The Chamber does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented. Attendees should note that, with the approval of speakers, this event may be recorded, and possibly published on the Chamber's website in audio and/or video formats without further notice.
Recording, duplication or distribution of the contents of the online event is prohibited without prior written permission from the Chamber.
Liza Jansen, Prudential
Andrew Chew, ING Bank
Debanik Basu, APG
Vicki Chi, Robeco
Dutch Chamber of Commerce
The Belgium-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
Danish Chamber of Commerce
The Singapore Chamber of Commerce
German Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
Finnish Chamber of Commerce
|Date and Time
||2022/10/06 17:00 to 18:30
||EY Hong Kong, Citic Tower, 22nd Floor, Tim Mei Ave and Online via Zoom
||Closed to media
+$50 for booking offline
- HK$ 50 for Members / HK$ 100 for Non-Members (Attend via Zoom)
- HK$ 150 for Members / HK$ 250 for Non-Members (Attend in Person)
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- No refund will be made for last minute cancellations or no-shows. If the booking is cancelled at least 3 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.