||Carlson Tong was appointed SFC Chairman by the HKSAR Chief Executive, effective 20 October 2012. Before taking up the chairmanship, he had served as a Non-Executive Director of the SFC since April 2011.
Mr Tong is a U.K. chartered accountant and a Hong Kong certified public accountant. He was the Chairman of KPMG China and Asia Pacific until he retired in 2011. Prior to joining the SFC, he was actively involved in the regulatory work of the securities and futures markets. He served as a member of the Main Board and Growth Enterprise Market Listing Committee of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited from 2002 to 2006, and was its Chairman from 2006 to 2008. At the SFC, he was a member of the Takeovers and Mergers Panel from 2001 to 2009 and a member of the Dual Filing Advisory Group from 2002 to 2008. Mr Tong was also a Council Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants from 2001 to 2008 and its Vice President in 2006.
|Date and Time
||2018/09/19 16:30 to 18:00
||Chamber Theatre, 22/F United Centre
||Closed to media
||Members @ HK$170
+$50 for booking offline
This event accepts Chamber Coupon (terms and conditions)
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
||- Bookings will only be confirmed with full payment, on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Substitution is allowed for corporate members only with advanced notice while walk-ins will normally not be accepted.
- Please note that the Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event without explanation. In any such instance, the event fee will be returned in full.
- There will be no refund for attendees cancelling or not showing up for the event unless the cancellation request is made in writing at least 5 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- Starting 1 January 2017, all off-line bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for Chamber events will be charged a $50 handling fee per person. Make the switch to online today by installing our app or registering via our website to save the environment and save money.
- Priorities are given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any bookings shall be at the sole discretion of the Chamber.