The Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce Young Executives Club is organizing an Executive Study Tour to San Francisco in collaboration with the HKU SPACE Executive Academy (SEA) for executives to gain an in-depth understanding of the latest transformation of innovation and technologies in Silicon Valley. Combining lectures by renowned academia, visits to distinctive tech companies, business networking, and lifestyle/cultural experiences, this will be an all-in-one learning for any business executives to explore the emerging trends from Silicon Valley.
Pre-trip Orientation Lecture (in Hong Kong)
3 August, 2018 (Fri) , 6:00 – 8:15pm at Chamber Theatre, 22/F United Centre, 95 Queensway, HK
• Pre-trip Briefing & Lecture at HKGCC
• Lecture (1): Innovative Leadership
Dr Alexander Chan, Leader and Senior Programme Director, HKU SPACE Executive Academy
Tentative Itinerary (*subject to change)
19 August, 2018 (Sun)* Lectures and company visits are conducted in English
• Hotel check-in
• Evening: Welcome Dinner
20 August, 2018 (Mon)
• Lecture (2) at Stanford University: Traditional Enterprise & Innovative Transformation
Professor Edison Tse, Director of Asia Center of Management
Science and Engineering, Stanford University
• Touring around Stanford University + lunch (self-arrangement)
• Corporate Visit (1) at Google
~ Drop by Facebook / Alibaba
21 August, 2018 (Tue)
• Lecture (3) at Stanford University / INSEEC Business School: Design Thinking @Silicon Valley model
Prof. Xin Ai / Ms. Olina Qian, Experienced Coach of Design Thinking
in listed enterprises in Silicon Valley
• Statement of Attendance Presentation by HKU SPACE
• Stanford University or nearby restaurant (self-arrangement) / Downtown San Francisco
• Corporate Visit (2) at Tesla HQ
22 August, 2018 (Wed)
• Corporate Visit (3) at Apple
• Apple or nearby restaurant
• Business Networking & Matching with members of Global Chamber® San Francisco
23 August, 2018 (Thu)
• Plug & Play Tech Centre ~ connecting with start-ups
• Lunch & City Tour
24 August, 2018 (Fri)
• Hotel check-out
• Executive Tour to Napa Valley Wineries
• Lunch at the Winery
• Group transfer to San Francisco International Airport (if applicable)
* Accommodation: 5 nights Crowne Plaza Foster City or similar
* Upon completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a Statement of Attendance from HKU SPACE and HKGCC.
PARTICIPATION FEE (per person)
Participation Fee includes lecture & programme fees, local transport, 5-night hotel accommodation with daily breakfast, meals specified in itinerary, tour guide, and administrative expenses & tips; but excludes round-trip air tickets.
Single Occupancy: HK$53,000 (YEC/HKBBA Members: HK$49,500)
Sharing Twin: HK$49,000 (YEC/HKBBA Members: HK$45,500)
*Discount (HK$3,500 OFF) is for members of The Young Executives Club (YEC) and The Hong Kong Bahrain Business Association (HKBBA) only!
* Deposit: A non-refundable deposit of HK$20,000 must be settled upon your booking to secure your spot. Final balance must be settled before 13 July 2018.
** Enrolment of 2 persons or more at the same time will be entitled to the same discount as YEC/HKBBA Members.
*** Members should arrange their own air tickets. Please do not book your tickets before receiving confirmation of your participation from the Chamber.
Please click here to download the Registration Form. Kindly complete it and return to us with deposit.