This workshop aims to provide a detailed overview on the Labour Relations Act of Macau (Chapter 7/2008 of the Laws of Macau SAR) and its impending updates (with asterisk*) based on the completed bill discussed by the Administrative Council in June 2019. Participants will gain knowledge to help prepare their companies for relevant changes.
1. The Labour Relations Act of Macau – Background and application
2. Contract of Employment – Fixed term contract, continuous contract, probationary period, double pay etc.
3. Remuneration – Basic pay, variable pays, calculation of wages, payment of wages, granting wages in advance, deduction of wages
4. Working hours – standard hours of work, the types of employment for which the standard hours doesn't apply
5. Absence from work – reasonable and unreasonable absence, pay/deduction of pay for the period of absence
6. Overtime work – mandatory overtime work, voluntary overtime work, overnight work, shift duties, calculation of overtime pay, compensation leave
7. Holidays - Rest days, statutory holidays, paid annual leave, granting compensation when a statutory holiday and rest day fall on the same day*, increasing the flexibility in compensating for working on a statutory holiday*, compensating for work arranged on statutory holiday and rest day but staff took leave or early off*
8. Sick leave, paid maternity leave, extending the duration of maternity leave and government subsidy*, protection for female employees, paid paternity leave*
9. Termination of employment – Rescission of a contract of employment, contract expiry, terminating a contract on reasonable grounds, terminating a contract without reasonable grounds, staff resignation, notice period, payment in lieu of notice, increase in the maximum amount of basic pay for the purpose of calculating compensation for termination without reasonable grounds*.
10. The law enforcement body – The Labour Department of Macau, their roles, functions and procedures for handling labour dispute cases