||Adelaide Luke, Head of Competition – Asia, Herbert Smith Freehills
Adelaide Luke is a Partner in HSF's Competition, Regulation and Trade team in Hong Kong. She has experience working in Hong Kong, London, and Brussels, and is familiar with many of the competition law regimes in Asia, including the PRC and various South East Asian countries. Adelaide specialises in international cartel investigations, and has appeared before the European Courts in Luxembourg on behalf of Asian clients. She has extensive experience managing multi-jurisdictional investigations and coordinating responses to different competition authorities. Her practice also encompasses merger control (particularly in the context of large, cross-border transactions), joint venture arrangements, regulatory investigations such as market inquiries, abuses of market power/dominance, and competition litigation. Adelaide has worked for both Western and Asian clients across a number of different jurisdictions and industries. She has been ranked in both Chambers and the Legal 500 since 2017. Adelaide is currently ranked as "Up and Coming" in Chambers, and "Next Generation Partner" in Legal 500. She is qualified in Australia, Hong Kong, England and Wales, and Ireland.
Howard Chan, Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills
Howard Chan is an Associate in HSF's Competition, Regulation and Trade team in Hong Kong. He is an expert in the Hong Kong Competition Ordinance, and is familiar with many regimes around the world, including China, European Union and various South East Asian jurisdictions. Howard has advised many clients on internal and regulatory investigations, as well as compliance, particularly in relation to complex multi-jurisdictional matters. Howard also frequently advises on large, cross-border transactions, including on merger control aspects and on substantive competition law concerns.
||- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of payment, on a first come first served basis.
- Booking transfer is allowed for corporate members with advanced notice, walk-ins are normally not accepted.
- The Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event. In such case, a full refund of the participation fee will be issued.
- The registration fee is non-refundable for this event.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- A $50 handling fee per person will be charged for all offline bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for all Chamber events. Go online today by downloading our app or registering on the HKGCC website to save the environment and money.
- Priority is given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any booking shall be at sole discretion of the Chamber.