Join us for a guided tour narrated by Andrew Leung, grandson of Cantonese opera legend Leung Sing-por, at the Xiqu Centre followed by a networking lunch hosted by the Women Executives Club on 22 May. Do you know that Cantonese opera performers always greet each other with "Good morning" no matter what time of day they meet? Also, in traditional tea houses, balcony seats were priced much higher than those close to the stage. To learn more about these interesting facts, Leung will guide members to explore the Xiqu Centre facilities, to learn about the architectural and design features, and to discover fascinating facts about the culture and stories behind Xiqu in this 60-minute tour. After the tour, members will enjoy a "dim sum" lunch in Yue Cuisine at Hong Kong Scout Centre in Jordan.
- The backstage area is an active working zone and is not part of the guided tour.
- As technical and production schedules may be subject to change, for safety reasons, access to the Grand Theatre and Tea House Theatre cannot be guaranteed for the tour. Advance notice on changes in access will not be provided.
- Please assemble at the Xiqu Centre information desk 15 minutes before the start of the tour on 22 May. Latecomers will not be able to join the tour that is already in progress, and will not be eligible for a refund.
- No free parking space will be available.
- Suitcases are not permitted on the tour. As there are no baggage storage facilities at the Xiqu Centre, participants of the tour are not permitted to bring any large suitcases. Participants with suitcases will not be permitted to join the tour, and will not be refunded.
- Participants may take photographs and make videos during the tour. However, photography and video recording is not permitted in the Grand Theatre and Tea House Theatre if stage setups or rehearsals are taking place.
Adverse weather arrangements:
If a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is in force 4 hours before the start of the tour, the tour will be cancelled.