ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE CHAMBER
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of Members of The Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce (“the Chamber”) will be held in Room N101, at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, 1 Expo Drive, Wanchai, Hong Kong on:
FRIDAY, 31 MAY 2019 AT 6:00 P.M.
The Agenda for the Meeting will be:
1. To elect six General Committee members.
2. To receive and adopt the Financial Statements of the Chamber, the Report of the General Committee and the Auditor’s Report for the year ended 31 December 2018.
3. To appoint Auditors and fix their remuneration.
4. To consider any further business or motion of which at least fourteen days’ notice must be given, subject also to the other conditions specified in Article 38(4).
Dated 8 May 2019
By order of the General Committee
1. Members are reminded that under Articles 46 and 49 of the Chamber’s Articles of Association, and subject to Article 33, each Full Member is entitled to one vote. Only the authorised representative (i.e. Primary Company Representative) shall have the right to vote. Such authorised representative may be required to provide proof of identity.
2. Pursuant to Articles 48(1) and 48(6), a Member entitled to attend and vote at the above Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and to vote instead of him or her. A proxy need not be a member of the Chamber. A Member wishing to vote by proxy should appoint one and only one proxy, as multiple proxies risk being invalidated in their entirety. If the authorised representative attends the above Meeting to vote in person, his/her proxy will be revoked.
3. To be valid, completed Proxy Form must be deposited at the address shown on the enclosed Proxy Form not later than 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 29 May 2019.
THE HONG KONG GENERAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
AGENDA ITEM 1: TO ELECT SIX GENERAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS
1. The following six members of the General Committee retire in accordance with Articles 14(1) and 14(2):
||Victor Tzar Kuoi Li
||CK Asset Holdings Ltd
||John R Slosar
||Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd
||Leland L Sun
||Pan Asian Mortgage Co Ltd
||The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
||Edmond Kwok Yin Yue
||Wo Hing Construction Co Ltd
||CLP Power Hong Kong Ltd
2. All the above members seeking re-election are eligible under Articles 14(3) and 15.
8 May 2019